A good agent is the foundation of your real estate team. A good agent can help you find a home that meets your needs, negotiate for that home on your behalf, supervise property inspections and coordinate the Closing.
Recognizing the attributes of the Best Agents
All the best agents have certain important qualities in common:
- The Perfect Agent cares about you ~ Buying or Selling a home is a major decision and involves a substantial financial commitment. Your agent should truly have your best interests top of mind throughout the transaction.
- The Perfect Agent educates you ~ Your agent knows the buying process and carefully explains each step so that you understand exactly what’s happening at all times.
- The Perfect Agent enables you to make good decisions ~ Your agent always explains what your options are so that you can make wise decisions regarding your best course of action. They advise you if they think that you should add other experts (property inspectors, lawyers, and so on) to your team.
- The Perfect Agent has contacts ~ People prefer to do business with people they know, respect and trust. You can make use of your agent’s working relationships with local lenders, property inspectors, lawyers, title officers, insurance agents, government officials and other real estate agents.
- The Perfect Agent has time for you ~ Your agent should always be readily accessible and communicate with you on a regular basis.
- The Perfect Agent is a Realtor® ~ Did you know that a Real Estate Agent and a Realtor® are not necessarily one and the same? Look for the Realtor® insignia to ensure your agent is a member of the National Association of Realtors®. The NAR is a national trade organization and members are committed to a stringent Code of Ethics that helps guarantee the highest level of professionalism, service and integrity.